Name:
Location: Southeastern, United States

Thursday, June 09, 2005

*!#

Fuck this shit.

No, seriously.

Gardening is all very nice, but I am bored and I am lonely, and I hate being bored and I hate being lonely. It is 92 degrees outside and 90% humid. I want to be back in Boone. Maybe I was bored and lonely there too, but at least I could _get_ places and _do_ things if I wanted to. Cowardice is one thing. Being stuck a sidewalkless ten miles from town is quite another.

The thing is, there's nothing to do here. If you're an awesome downtown person then you go to shows and you hula hoop on the co-op lawn and you go to movies and you have friends but if you're out in the suburbs with no car it seems like you only go downtown to snort coke with other people from your high school's graduating class.

I didn't realize how much having a boyfriend - not only that, a boyfriend in another state who I could visit and get the hell out of here - kept me afloat last year. I don't want a new one - especially in this college town meat market - even though a bf with an apartment downtown would be just the ticket.

Maybe I should learn to drive. You think?

love,
alex

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home