Name:
Location: Southeastern, United States

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Unworthy, adolescent kvetching.

1) My little sister wanted to let me know that feminists, and I quote "should stop whining and throwing fits" because "things aren't perfect."

2) My parents and I got into a real shit-flinging match over the subject of parental/grand-parental response to (hypothetical) teenage pregnancy. My father is of the opinion that he wouldn't kick a pregnant daughter and (later) her baby out of the house on the condition that she drop out of high school and get a job. Because the path to independence and mother-child health is paved with minimum wage jobs with no health care. Because single mothers with GEDs are apparently less of a drain on him and society than paying a sitter for two to three years until college/ married student housing/ campus daycare. (brief tangent about how minimum wage jobs in our area = you and your baby sleep in a car, or you live with your family until you die.) (I realize that this is not the situation of the teenage mother your aunt's friend's sister knew, but the single mothers we know are still middle-class literati like us. Once priviledge really gets going it has some momentum.) This shouldn't have devolved into the dramatic fits that it did; I called him a heartless, soulless bastard and he threw something in my face that I never, ever expected him to use against me, especially in something as basic as a political argument that got out of control.

IT IS FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE TO LET THINGS GO. This is helping, unworthy though it is to me to pour out my family's internal troubles to the internet, but in general, every nerve in my body wants to go track them down (both of them) and yell at them and grind their souls down into a little pulp that is incapable of disagreement. I want to make them suffer, oh god do I want to make them suffer. I hate it when people are wrong. There is nothing I hate more than a high-handed opinion based on bad analysis, unless it's mine.

CALMING THE FUCK DOWN AND GOING AWAY.
REALLY THE INTERNET CAN DO WITHOUT ME FOR A BIT.
THANKS FOR LISTENING, INTERNET.

alex.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dale said...

Hugs.

Sounds pretty dreadful, all round.

(I don't, by the way, believe for a moment that this is how he would actually respond. Or that this is what you guys were actually quarreling about, for that matter.)

Lots of love. Hang in there.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Alex said...

thanks dale

and you're probably very right.
The siblings are having finals, things are going to be emotionally dicey around here for a while. I hope your back is feeling better, by the way

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home