Name:
Location: Southeastern, United States

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Tsidanalu

My heart is full, of course. I've stolen a year, to know these people as sophomores - a year more confident, a year more tired, all together beautiful. I've stolen a year to watch the freshmen and learn not to be one, I've stolen a year to live in the great monastic expanse of my college in air filled with crickets and moon.

The first year I was in college, on Sunday night a girl made lasagna, and we sat in the lounge and ate. Last year, on Sunday, coming down the stairs, Doug B invited me to share a tupperware of penne pasta with soy sauce and olive oil, me and a gaggle of juniors on the couch. This year, my junior - junior? - year, today I ate angel hair with vegetables and parmesan bread and balsamic vinegar in the tv lounge with staff and sophomores. I have lived three years in this dorm, in this program, past my official graduation and into an uncertain, beautiful place. I am glad to be here. It is insane that anything can be this intensely good as being here. It is like being a child, a freshman, shellless, boundless, in love with everything.

Wonder, maybe, is the word. It is very intense. I missed the intensity, all this summer.

love,
alex

7 Comments:

Blogger Dale said...

Whew.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

I know, it has been a little vertiginous, hasn't it?

I'm considering taking down the posts at that were written at the bottom of the roller-coaster, it seems fairest to everyone involved.

I hope everything's well with you, Dale! I am really enjoying your drawings but never think to comment so.

4:09 PM  
Blogger eddyjohn1080 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

Oh, thank you :-)

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://deuynptb.com/iege/enkt.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://ymqssfzk.com/drnl/tcat.html]Cool site[/url]

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
My homepage | Please visit

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://deuynptb.com/iege/enkt.html | http://vfjrbpkf.com/sqee/crin.html

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home