Name:
Location: Southeastern, United States

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

It seems like it's dooming someone to say that they're dying, even if it's a fact, even if everyone's saying it obliquely - sadly, we expect more updates soon, says the email.

Joe Straley is dying. You don't know him, internet, but he sent me to Nicaragua and turned my life around. I hope one day I am ninety-two and still fighting to get one more book out.

When ... when, I will write something for Joe and then I think I'm going to close this blog. Not directly in response, but because I've had less and less of import to say, and maybe a life is better lived talking to real though inconstant people. I might change my mind, if I think of something else.

love,
alex

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Argh! Noooo! *end selfish snit* Um. I really hope you reconsider. I will miss you greatly.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

I'll just say that it's a huge privilege to be privy to your thoughts and experiences. You'll do the right thing, staying or going, I know.

Either way, you stay or go with whatever minor blessing I can call down :-)

Love to you --

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home