Name:
Location: Southeastern, United States

Friday, September 16, 2005

Stranger With a Doorkey

I am sure I am not the only person who, fueled by a new visa, made extravagent purchases at two in the morning. Internet, why do you make it so easy? So far you have given me takeout, and three new pairs of pants.

Those of you who know me may know that I own one pair of pants that are not Carrharts, and two pairs of Carrharts that do not have holes in the bum. This is about to change! I will wear jeans! Some of which are less baggy than giant man-pants! Get ready, world!

I went over to Friend J's and ate cheesecake and listened to radiocast comedy. I have missed Friend J. I am not a very good friend to her, but I do like her so much. However, she made me watch Toys, the mid-nineties Robin Williams 'cult classic'. Cult classic sometimes means incomprehensibly strange movie. I contented myself with talking through it and asking what was happening every five minutes.

Does anyone else find it strange that food and clothes cost money? I can understand other things - consumer electronics, for instance - costing money, but it still seems indescripably alien to me that something as basic as what you eat and cover yourself with should be able to be expensive. I suspect that's less because I'm a damn commie and more because I am bourgeouise with a capital B.

I am trying to get a job. I will work from 6:30 - 10 in the morning doing salad bar prep, if I can get all my forms in on time. I think it sounds kind of fun, kind of.

love,
alex

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home